Thursday, May 11, 2017

Hug this book by Barney Saltzberg illustrated by Fred Benaglia




Later in the year we will gather in the library with all our new Pre-school children and their parents for a night at school.  I am always on the look out for books to read on this night.

One is for 1 is always a winner and so is Tap the Magic Tree and Press Here. Now I have Hug this book!  Here is a little piece of the text :

You can read this book to a hippo
You can read this book in the bath
If you read this book being tickled
I dare you not to laugh!

This is a noisy joyous rhyming book with retro illustrations by French illustrator Fred Benaglia.  The final message is the most important one.

Even though this book is over
it isn't really the end.
You can start at the beginning
and read it to a friend!

I really love the writing of Barney Saltzberg.  Read my review of Crazy Hair Day.  One more thing - when you find this book make sure you look under the dust jacket - there is a lovely surprise.  Barney Saltzberg is also a musician.  I have one of his CDs.  Watch this trailer and hear this book as a song.



No comments: