Monday, July 25, 2022

For You by Anna Pignataro


Two rabbits (parent and child) explore their world. 

"If I could, I would give you the sky. I would give you the moon, the stars, they would be all for you."

"If I could, I would give you the mountains, I would give you the forests ... the leaves and the flowers ... the wonder, the magical places, they would be all for you."

I love the way the characters are looking forward on the cover. This books gives a sense of hope for the future. Using lyrical language, soft focus art the sweet relationship between a parent and child is gently explored. There is also great comfort in the repeated refrain - they would be all for you.

There are other books which offer the universal wisdom found here and offered to a young child but this book would make a beautiful gift for a new baby.

Anna Pignataro’s art  in this book has a gentle charm and is quietly affecting especially the page where the parent and child are blowing dandelions. The illustrations are invested with the emotion of the words. The end papers are intriguing and are sure to be the source of conversations with a young reading companion. 

You will want to read For You along side these:










Take a look at other books by Anna Pignataro.


No comments: