Monday, July 4, 2022

National Science Week - 13-21 August, 2022

 



I am just popping this in here as a brief post because I have already talked about The International Year of Glass in a previous post. It is terrific that our Australian National Science Week (the week before Book Week) will also feature glass. The 2022 theme is:

Glass: more than meets the eye


Take a look here for teaching ideas and resources. The only thing missing from the 70+ page teacher booklet is any reference to literature - especially picture books!

My friend from Kinderbookswitheverything has an extensive Pinterest with heaps of books you could share during Science week. Here is a sample of her collection:


Take a look at this blog post too from Kinderbookswitheverything

She says: We collected fiction and nonfiction books about jars, glasses, bottles, spectacles, marbles, lights, lanterns, telescopes, microscopes, mirrors, magnifying glasses, lighthouses and windows.

I also have a post about picture books which feature windows. Here are a few more books with links to my blog posts (where I have them) that I didn't not include in my original piece.











Perhaps you could also set up a display of marbles or paperweights or snow globes? Or turn your library windows into stained glass? This book looks good but it is sadly long out of print. 


No comments: