Monday, November 14, 2022

I'm (almost) Always Kind by Anna Milbourne illustrated by Asa Gilland


"My mummy told me that being KIND is the most important thing in all the world."

"But sometimes when I am kind, it doesn't work out the way I want it to ... "

The man next door does not want snails on his precious flowers; her sister does not want to play giants when she is quietly building a sand castle and the new kid at school - well perhaps it would be better to speak quietly and listen to their point of view.

I love the exuberant illustrations in this book and the tiny die-cut hearts and fun splashes. You can see inside this book here. 


"Being kind is sometimes easy and sometimes hard. But it's really important to try. And because it's the important-est thing in the world. I am (almost) always KIND."

Today is the day you SHOULD buy this book for your school library or for a gift. I am so thrilled to discover the hardcover edition costs less than $20.  I highly recommend this book. [9781474983303]

Yesterday, 13th November, was World Kindness Day. My friend from Kinderbookswitheverything talked about this on her blog. 

World Kindness Day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. If every Australian performed an act of kindness on World Kindness Day, we would have 25 million acts of kindness in a single day. The possibilities are endless – together let’s make Australia kinder.

Here is another book by Anna Milbourne.


Here are some other books illustrated by Asa Gilland from Sweden:



No comments: