Sunday, October 29, 2023

Am I Yours? by Alex Latimer


An egg rolls off the side of a volcano and in the format of 'Are you my Mother?' it travels across the landscape looking for an identity or a mother.  This egg is not a Stegosaurus; not a Brachiosaurus; not a Triceratops; not a Corythosaurus; and most certainly not a Tyrannosaurus:

"What do you look like inside that shell?
I can't see in so I can't tell.
Do you have a mouth of teeth?
Sharp up top and sharp beneath?"

Luckily the egg finally rolls over to the real parents and your young reading companion will be cheering!



Do you know a young dinosaur fan? Here is a book you must add to their shelf or grab next time you visit the library. AND after you enjoy this book head over to the non-fiction shelves [567.9] and grab piles of other dinosaur books. My own favourite is our Australian dinosaur the Muttaburrasaurus. 

Bookseller blurb: A rhythmic, rhyming story about dinosaurs. 'Excuse me, please, but am I yours? I'm sure I am a dinosaur's!' When an icy wind pushes an egg from its nest, five friendly dinosaurs must get it home before dark. But who does the lost egg belong to? And will they figure it out in time? The stunning artwork and gentle introduction to a host of dinosaur species make this a book to be truly treasured.

This book was published in 2018 but it is still available, and I am sure it will be found in many libraries to. 

No comments: