Thursday, September 26, 2013

Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel

Next weekend I have tickets to see a theatre production of Frog and Toad.  I remembered I had an old cassette tape of these books and to my great delight I find the stories are narrated by Arnold Lobel himself.  I have listened to each of the stories as a bedtime treat each night this week.

Frog and Toad are so famous they even have a Wikipedia entry!  There are four books in this series.

Frog and Toad are friends 1970
Frog and Toad together 1972
Frog and Toad all year 1976
Days with Frog and Toad 1979

It is hard to single out stories from the collection of twenty but I think my favourites are : The Garden, A lost button, The Letter (see snail mail image below.  I like to think Arnold Lobel invented the idea of snail mail long before email was even thought of) and Tomorrow.

Here is a link to a little video of The List.  These stories are very old but they are also timeless.  I absolutely guarantee you will love them.  Well worth looking for in your library today!




No comments: