Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tell me one thing dad by Tom Pow illustrated by Ian Andrew

Fathers day has long past but I just wanted to mention this title which was published in 2004 and until now had not come to my attention. Tell me one thing dad is a very special book just perfect for sharing.

Molly and her dad have a nightly ritual.  "Tell me one thing - the most important thing - you know about .." a polar bear, a crocodile, a dinosaur, a Grimalken.  Dad outlines a series of facts about each animal concluding that each love their child. Then Molly takes over.  It is her turn to tell dad one thing.

This book has an appealing pastel pallet, riotous endpapers and a lovely repetitive story structure.  I can imagine a young child will demand to hear this story over and over.

I recommend you add this book to your Fathers day reading pile next year.  Here is an excellent review.

No comments: