Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My reading pile

It is nearly school holidays so I have bought home quite a large pile of books to read and blog.  I just thought I would give you a preview.

The last thirteen by James Phelan - I was sent this was an advance copy.  The first few pages are so action packed I had to stop reading and recharge my own energy levels.  I think fans of Conspiracy 365 will be keen to start this new series.

Word Hunters :The Curious Dictionary by Nick Earls - I have read such brilliant reviews of this first book in a trilogy.

Extra Time by Morris Gleitzman - oddly I am not a fan of Gleitzman but I did love Too Small to Fail.

The Wishbird by Gabrielle Wang - this looks like my kind of book. I do like the cover.

The secret Hen House Theatre by Helen Peters - this one has been on my reading pile for many months.  I have started to read it three or four times.  I have a friend who loved this book and she always mentions it when we meet.  I am determined to settle down and read this one right through.

The Cloud Road by Isobelle Carmody - this is the book I am looking forward to the most.  I found The Red Wind was just so wonderful and Isobelle Carmody is a brilliant writer.  Even though I have put this at the bottom of the list this will probably be the first book I read starting today!


No comments: