Friday, February 2, 2018

More read aloud books for Grade 2 and 3



Yesterday was World Read aloud day. Earlier this week I shared some read aloud titles for Grades 3 and 4 and since I shared my blog post on social media I have had a record 800+ views.  I did not put some of my library favourites on the first list - these are the books I like to read to our classes when they visit the school library. Again some appear on this blog so click any in colour to read more.  Here is a simple one page list of hints about reading aloud with a class.  The most important message here that resonates with me is not to interrupt the flow of the story.  Yes sometimes we do need to stop and talk but keep this short or consider doing some of this before or after the reading experience.

Read Aloud to Grade 2 or 3

Mike's Magic Seeds by Alexander McCall Smith
The finger eater by Dick King Smith
Hot Stuff by Margaret Clarke
Poor Fish by Jane Godwin
The vanishment of Thomas Tull by Allan Ahlberg
Jeremiah in the dark woods by Allan Ahlberg
O'Diddy by Jocelyn Stevenson
The amazing adventures of Chilly Billy by Peter Mayle
Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
The Dunderheads by Paul Fleischman
Meanie and the Min Min by Pamela Shrapnel
Bob the builder and the elves by Emily Rodda
Happy Mouseday by Dick King Smith
Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst




No comments: