Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Little Tom and the trip to the Moon by Diane and Christyan Fox


 "They're not Wellingtons, they're ... anti gravity boots"

"They're not bottles, they're ... oxygen tanks."

A few years ago our Kindergarten teachers decided the theme for the term would be based around using your imagination. Little Tom and the trip to the Moon is a delightful exploration of imaginative play. This is a book that every preschool child will love. I do hope you can find it in a library because sadly it is out of print. It was first published in 2009. I found my copy in a wonderful school library.  I loved their book A dog called Bear and I was keen to read more titles by Diane and Christyan Fox.

I love the patient mum or dad - who is off stage -  asking about each object Tom collects for his game of space travel. AND the ending will knock your socks off!

Take a look here to see all the books by this talented husband and wife team.

No comments: