Friday, January 20, 2023

Meet the illustrator Hyewon Yum



Today I saw a Facebook post which featured a book illustrated by Hyewon Yum. I have already talked about her book Luli and the Language of Tea


I am very keen to see other books illustrated by Hyewon Yum. She was born in Korea but now lives in New York. Hyewon Yum is a twin so I was excited to see two of her books feature twins. It’s My First Day of Kindergarten! won the Ezra Jack Keats New Illustrator Award and was selected as a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the Year.




Read more here at Celebrate Picture Books











Read more about Hyewon Yum:

Seven Impossible things Before Breakfast

"I’d like to meet John Burningham, Tarō Gomi, Sara Fanelli."

Journal of Language and Literacy Education - an interview

Let's talk about Picture Books

If you got the chance to write your own picture book autobiography, who (dead or alive!) would you want to illustrate it, and why?  

Oh, if, only if, Roger Duvoisin! He is my favourite illustrator. I love his humour, his lines, colours and well, everything. Every time I open his books, I learned new things. And how effortless it looks, I want to see how he would draw my characters.







No comments: