Friday, October 30, 2020

Polar Bear's Underwear by Tupera Tupera


Polar Bear has lost is underwear. His friend Mouse offers to help. The search begins. The pair do find some amazing underwear but none of it seems quite right for Bear. Each owner is revealed via different die-cut pages where we see sneak peaks of colourful, large, frilly and even teeny tiny underwear.



I am currently searching for and reading books translated into English from around the world. I won't feature this book in my presentation because it was published in 2015 and may be difficult to obtain and also this book is for the youngest child which is slightly outside the scope of my presentation but I wanted to share this book with you here because it is just a delight. I would love to put this book into the hands of a young child aged 2 or 3 and sit back and enjoy their laughter. My library copy of this book was covered in plastic but I think those red undies on the cover might actually come off! When first published in 2012 this book had the title Shirokuma no pants. Preschools might like to investigate this cute flannel board resource which you could use with this book.

Tatsuya Kameyama and Atsuko Nakagawa have been working together as Tupera Tupera since 2002, and are known for their original, humorous, and colourful picture books and illustrations.

Here are two of their new quirky and distinctive books which are due for publication in 2021:


No comments: