Thursday, June 10, 2021

Oops Pounce Quick Run! by Mike Twohy


I was browsing the Alphabet books (421) in the library and I saw this book. The title and cover illustration immediately grabbed me. Then I looked inside.  Such a creative idea to use each letter of the alphabet to tell the story using only one or two words on each page. The twist which begins from the letter T onwards is perfect. The subtitle for this book is 'An alphabet caper' and yes it is a caper as we watch the dog chasing the mouse all over the house. 

I am a huge fan of innovative alphabet books. I have a plan to ask the Teacher-Librarian from the library where I borrowed this book if we can set up an alphabet book display. This book needs to be put into the hands of her preschool visitors.  Oops Pound Quick Run was a 2017 Geisel Award Honour Book. Good news this book published in 2016 is still in print. Bad news it is very expensive here in Australia. I wonder why the publisher (Scholastic) didn't decide to publish this terrific book in a board book format.   Here are two other books by cartoonist Mike Twohy which I had added to my 'to read' list. You can see the whole book here.


No comments: