Thursday, December 14, 2023

Twelve days of Letters to Santa Day One - The Jolly Christmas Postman

 Dear Father Christmas - I would like a Cindy Doll. Love Margot

The quote here is from a real letter I wrote aged 4! Welcome to my Twelve Days of Christmas for 2023. This year I have gathered together Christmas books that contain letters - letters to Santa or Father Christmas but also letters to other people or friends too but all set at Christmas.

First off The Jolly Christmas Postman. This is one of the best Christmas books of all time plus it is one of the best books of letters so it is the perfect choice for my series of posts. 


There are six letters in this book with delightful real envelopes and stamps that warrant close study and even a present or two. Grab a plate of mince pies before you settle down to read this book with your young reading companion. 



I continue to marvel at the production of this book - there's a real jigsaw, a small book (inside the book) and best of all a peep show picture that you stretch out. This book was first published in 1991 and it is still going strong. 


Here is the newer cover and the set of books in this series:



No comments: