Friday, December 15, 2023

Twelve days of Letters to Santa Day Two - I'll be Home for Christmas

  Dear Father Christmas - I would like a Cindy Doll. Love Margot

This is my second post in a series featuring Christmas letters. In the case of this book Puddle is at home preparing for Christmas but Toot is stranded in a winter storm. 


Dear Puddle, I love family reunions. Great-Great-Aunt Peg is one hundred yeras old today. 
Wait until you see what she gave me. Your friend Toot.  PS I'll be home for Christmas

Puddle has so much to do. Chop wood for the fire, prepare the Christmas tree, make paper chains, hang the lights and write the cards. Sadly, he has to sign them Merry Christmas!        and Puddle. Leaving a space for his friend to write his name.

A letter arrives from Toot. It is an email addressed to puddle@woodcockpocket.com.  

Puds,

Edinburgh is having an ice storm. All flights delayed. But don't decorate the tree without me. I'm on my way home ... somehow. 

Your pal, 

Toot

PS I'm full of Christmas spirit.

Meanwhile Puddle keeps busy making a big batch of fruit cakes. Toot arrives in Boston, but all transport is cancelled then someone wonderful rescues Toot (guess who) and luckily he does arrive home late on Christmas Eve. (This might remind you of Harvey Slumfenburger's Christmas).

I'll be Home for Christmas is sadly now out of print (2001) but you might find a copy in a library. Here are some other books about Toot and Puddle - I love them all. 






My friend has the small toys of Toot and Puddle!


No comments: