Thursday, January 21, 2010

Marley a dog like no other by John Grogan

MY dog was called Charlie and for me he was a dog like no other. Just like Marley, Charlie and I went to obedience but unlike Marley my lovely dog was obedient and I like to think if we had continued beyond the novice level he might even have been a champ. Marley's experiences at obedience training are just so funny.

Marley a dog like no other is a very enjoyable read probably because the author is talking about experiences dear to his own heart and letting us see his life with Marley who is such a lovable if somewhat destructive character. Chapter one introduces is to Shaun, John Gorgan’s childhood dog – the perfect specimen and then in subsequent chapters we meet Marley, the dog John buys with his new wife Jenny. Marley certainly is a dog like no other. I think I liked him best when he calmed down in his old age.

Our library copy of this book is one adapted for children. If you have a dog or if you love dogs this book would be a great one to read it would also be a fun family read-a-loud.

No comments: