Sunday, July 12, 2015

Little Mist by Angela McAllister illustrated by Sarah Fox-Davies

Little Mist - this is the perfect name of our new baby snow leopard. His mother takes him out of the den and together they explore the world.

"Just now you are a little heartbeat of the mountain .. a tiny smudge in the snow .. but one day... "

This is a simple story about the wonders of our world and the wonders of growing up.  You can almost touch the snow leopards in these beautiful illustrations by Sarah Fox-Davies.  This is a book to share with a very young child but it also a book for everyone who has a fascination for the natural world.

I have included other books you can find in our library illustrated by Sarah Fox-Davies.  One I especially recommend is Little Beaver and the echo - a magical picture book.



2 comments:

kinderbooks said...

I agree Sarah Fox-Davies does the natural world so well. She has two books in that Read and Wonder series we both like so much, one about a bat, another about a wolf, but my alt time favourite is Mole's Sunrise. A toy snow-leopard and Little Mist would be close to the most borrowed combo in my library.

kinderbooks said...

I agree Sarah Fox-Davies does the natural world so well. She has two books in that Read and Wonder series we both like so much, one about a bat, another about a wolf, but my alt time favourite is Mole's Sunrise. A toy snow-leopard and Little Mist would be close to the most borrowed combo in my library.