Thursday, May 26, 2016

Playing from the heart by Peter Reynolds




There is something quite mysterious about the power of music.  I have a friend who is such a talented musician.  As children she could play the most complex music but not in a mechanical way - her music making was filled with a very sophisticated emotional understanding.  I used to have a piano and had lessons as a child.  I will never been skilled at this instrument but that is not important.  For me music touches my soul.  I think this is why I loved this book.  The Kirkus reviewer sees this as a book with more appeal to adults and perhaps that is true but I would still love to share this book with a sensitive child.


Here is a fabulous interview with Peter Reynolds.  It is quite long but well worth your time.

No comments: