Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Book Trust share their book lists The Top 100

 

We've put together a list of the 100 best books for children from the last 100 years

I am a big fan of book lists but oddly I am often disappointed either because I do not make new discoveries or the books listed seem so obvious and 'main stream'.

Having said that, while there are many titles on the Book Trust lists that are not a surprise, the list for 9-11 does contain some of my personal favourites.

Here are some of the books from the 9-11 list (28 titles) which I have discussed on this blog. Keep in mind some of these are older books because Book Trust are covering 100 years! I have also included some personal favourites too which I have missed talking about in previous posts.












I should also mention some authors who have books on the Book Trust 9-11 list. I have talked about other titles by these book creators:


Michael Ende - Momo


Morris Gleitzman - Too small to Fail

Frank Cottrell Boyce - Runaway Robot; The Un-forgotten coat

Sita Brahmachari - Where the river runs gold


No comments: