Monday, July 12, 2021

Who will you be? by Andrea Pippins

"My child, my little one, who will you be when you are grown?"



Pippins here explores how one African American family celebrates their newest addition. Addressing the newcomer, the narrator speculates about which qualities and enthusiasms demonstrated by loved ones the babe might share. This heartfelt narrative speaks to everyday experiences, whether a family get-together, camping, or baking. Kirkus

You can see some art from this book here. In this video Andrea reads her book.

I purchased this book as a gift for a new baby (not yet born). This book was published in 2020. The hardcover edition is expensive ($30) but this is a gift that I think a family will treasure, keep and revisit.

"My wish is that you will be all these things and more. You will be your own self, for no one in the world has every been like you."

Here are some other books to gift a new baby:





No comments: