Sunday, September 4, 2022

Favourite illustrators Part Two




One of my oldest books is A friend is Someone who Likes you. The illustrations are by Joan Walsh Anglund. As a very young child I found her work fascinating. When my Primary school library (an early one for NSW in 1968) held a donate a library book, my parents donated a poetry book illustrated by Joan Walsh Anglund - A Golden Treasury of Poetry

This post follows on from Part One where I listed my favourite UK illustrators. Now my focus changes to illustrators from USA. In another previous post I mention some illustrators I plan to explore further (only some are from the US). 

One of the illustration techniques I really appreciate is collage. Take a look at my Pinterest of illustrators (not all from USA) who use collage

This list is certainly not complete.  There are so many fabulous picture book illustrators in the USA. As with my first post please add your favourites in the comments. In some cases I have more than one post about each of these illustrators - you can search further using my sidebar.


Frank Asch

Sophie Blackall

Jan Brett

Peter Brown

Henry Cole

Roger Duvoisin

Lois Ehlert

Tomie DePaola

Kevin Henkes

Rachel Isadora

Susan Jeffers

J Brian Karas

Steven Kellogg

Jon Klassen

Arnold Lobel

Leo Lionni

Jo Lorning-Fisher

Emily Winfield Martin

Robert McCloskey

Oge Mora

Jerry Pinkney

Patricia Polacco

Antoinette Portis

Peter H Reynolds

Christian Robinson

Robert Sabuda

Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Lane Smith

Melissa Sweet

The Fan Brothers

Chris Van Allsburg

Rosemary Wells




No comments: