Monday, February 13, 2023

Flubby will not go to sleep by JE Morris


Have you met Flubby? I am not at all a cat person but I adore little Flubby. This is a book every toddler will relate to.  All those tactics to stall bedtime. Asking for a pillow, a blanket, a song, a snack.  Young readers who are just developing their reading confidence will be so proud when they discover they can read this whole book but as a bonus it is 32 pages of  sheer FUN!

A few deft pen strokes convey both cat’s and child’s emotions and the child’s increasing frustration. ... No flubs for this cat and kid. Just satisfying bedtime reading. Kirkus





I am always on the hunt for very simple books like this but they must contain terrific stories and that is a difficult combination. A new Flubby title will be released later this year - Flubby does not like snow. I also found the cover of Flubby does not like Valentine's Day but I cannot find any reference to the actual book. If you work in a school library I highly recommend (in fact I would like to insist) you purchase as many Flubby books as your budget allows. They are wonderful. Here is the web site for JE Morris

I would pair the Flubby series with this new Australian picture book:


No comments: