Sunday, February 19, 2023

Ten Things I love about You by Daniel Kirk

The library that I love to visit, set out new book displays every week. For example this week they had a huge display along the top of one set of shelves of owl books, another of books about hippopotamuses, one with food groups, and two tables of books set out for the children to borrow (it was Hedgehogs a couple of weeks ago) and libraries (for Library Lovers' Day).  They also had a display of books with the word 'LOVE' in the title for Valentines Day and that is where I spied this one - Ten Things I Love about You. 

I sadly have to say this book (2013) is long out of print but you might find it in a well stocked library. The end papers show a map with the route from Rabbit's house to Pig's house.  I do enjoy books with maps and books with lists - I am thinking of Care of Henry; Charlie's Checklist and A letter to Father Christmas which all contain terrific lists.

Rabbit is making a list about Pig. He has decided to list ten things but he keeps getting stuck and needing to interrupt his good friend for more ideas. Pig begins to get a little exasperated but then he decides to join in with this list making project too. 


Here are a few of the things from their lists:

Ten things I love about Pig:

1. I love Pig because he is very pink.

4. I love Pig because he gives good compliments.

6. I love Pig because he is not afraid to show his feelings

10. I love Pig because he is my friend.

Ten things I love about Rabbit:

1. I love Rabbit because he always drops by.

3. I love Rabbit because he gets so excited about things.

6. I love Rabbit because he always sees the good side

9. I love Rabbit because he is funny.

10. I love Rabbit because he is my friend.

Here is the second book about Pig and his friend Rabbit:

Take a look here to see more books by Daniel Kirk

Rabbit and Pig are unlikely friends (but good friends nevertheless). Here is a Pinterest of picture books and series books which feature unlikely friends

No comments: