Titch (Tithonia Proudleaf) has been charged with the task of collecting the four Gems of Harmony - Clawstone, Fangstone, Dreamstone and Songstone. Titch herself cannot believe this is true but it seems she is the new Bravepaw. As this fourth book opens we read that Titch is again on her quest to find the gems - now she needs the Dreamstone and the Songstone.
"Maybe the Dreamstone would be easy to find - safe in the royal treasury. Maybe the Songstone would be there too. Maybe, with all the gems reunited, she could hand the staff to Prince Vetiver and let him battle the Deadroot. Then she and Huckleberry could go home to the Plateau, and everything would be alright again."
Spoiler alert - by page 95 Titch has the Dreamstone but finding the Songstone is going to be so much more treacherous. Titch and her two friends - Huckleberry and Briar Nettlebrush will need to return to the Plateau because it has been engulfed by an enormous crack and hordes of curseworms and then Titch learns another part of the prophecy:
Curseworms are dreadful but there are other horrors that emerge through the crack - Abyss Hounds and Skitterlings.
"The cloud was made up of monsters - small, leather-winged creatures with sharp claws and even sharper teeth."
Before you read this fourth book please check out my blog posts for the first three from the series. Your young reading companion will need to start at the beginning and read all four because that will make the heroism of Titch and her huge group of new friends all the more wonderful. Plus in this newest book nearly all the characters we met previously have returned including the wonderfu Earna the eaglebear and Master Sticklepin the hedgehog librarian. Here is a video review.
This is the fourth and final book in the Bravepaw series and I have thoroughly enjoyed each of them. I actually squealed when I saw this final installment in a bookstore.
If I still worked in a school library I would love to showcase this set on a display - even their spines are special! And if I worked in a school I would really want to give this series to a class teacher as a set of books to read aloud - not to study, not to complete worksheets, just for the sheer joy of reading wonderful books which feature courage, heroism, battles, teamwork, friendship and of course a quest to save the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment