Thursday, August 8, 2024

Bluey television series and some books to share


Confession - I am a little bit 'addicted' to Bluey. Some episodes don't quite work for me but there are so many that have an extra layer of fabulous storytelling and human emotion. As I watch Bluey, I often think of books I would share alongside various episodes. I have briefly read a few of the spin off books but in my view they just don't work so I'm proposing after watching the tv show you could read a book!

Wikipedia: The show follows Bluey, an anthropomorphic six-year-old Blue Heeler puppy who is characterised by her abundance of energy, imagination and curiosity about the world. The young dog lives with her father, Bandit; mother, Chilli; and younger sister, Bingo, who regularly joins Bluey on adventures as the pair embark on imaginative play together. ... Overarching themes include the influence of a supportive family, Australian culture, and the importance of play throughout childhood

I am just going to put the Bluey episode and a book with no detailed commentary.

"Keepy Uppy" series 1, episode 3


"Shadowlands" series 1, episode 5


"Bike" series 1, episode 11


"Bob Bilby" series 1, episode 12


"Markets" series 1, episode 20


"Wagon Ride" series 1, episode 24


"The Beach" series 1, episode 26


"Grannies" series 2, episode 28


"The Creek"


"Fairies"
































No comments: