Sunday, September 6, 2020

Happy Father's Day - share a book or two


My friend at Kinderbookswitheverything had a book display in her wonderful library last week filled with Father's Day books. She shares over eighty titles in her Pinterest collection. Here are some I love:




Here is a wonderful poem I found in the book My Daddy Rules the World by Hope Anita Smith:

My First Book

My dad introduced me

to his favourite book,

and each night at bedtime

he reads while I look.

And now I have new friends

who live in the pages.

Dad says when we read

we free words from their cages.

Dad and I are reader

We are word men, through and through.

I hope you have a dad like mine

who loves to read to you.


Here are a few other books you are sure to find in a well stocked library. It may be too late for this year but surely any day can be a day to celebrate fathers!








This post is written in memory of my dad - Peter. He was the parent who gave me a love of reading. And he patiently taught me to ride a bike. I love this image from My Dad Rules the World.


No comments: