Saturday, December 1, 2018

Grade Six students recommend

A book I enjoyed reading ... 
Grade Six 2017



At the end of each year I like to review the books mentioned by Grade 6 students in their Year Book.  I missed doing this last year but now I have a copy of the 2017 book I am catching up.  Later I hope to take a look at their 2018 choices. I was away from my school library this year so I am especially curious to see my senior student choices.

In 2017 the students mentioned these series:

Once, Soon, Then, Now, After Morris Gleitzman
Cherub Robert Muchamore
Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan
Ruby Redfort by Lauren Child
Spirit Animals
A series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickett
Magisterium by Holly Black
Friday Barnes by RA Spratt



Here are individual titles which I have talked about on this blog (Click the titles)

Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell
The thing about Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
The Blue cat by Ursula Dubosarsky
Out of my mind by Sharon Draper
Withering by sea by Judith Rossell
City of Ember by Jacqueline DePrau
Wonder by RJ Palacio
The fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L Holm
An eagle in the snow by Michael Morpurgo
Escape from Mr Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
The honest truth by Dan Gemeinhart
Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder



Other titles:

Smile by Raina Telegemeier
Brotherband by John Flanagan
One Perfect Pirouette by Sherryl Clark
The many worlds of Albie Brights by Christopher Edge
How to train your dragon by Cressida Cowell
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Girl Stuff by Kaz Cooke
Granny by Anthony Horowitz
The demon dentist by David Walliams
Jodie by Randa Abdal-Fattah
Maybe a Fox by Kathi Appelt
Marley a dog like no other by John Grogan
Playing cupid by Jenny Meyerhoff
A dog's purpose by Bruce Cameron
The girl who rode the wind by Stacy Gregg
Boom by Mark Haddon
Stay well soon by Penny Tangey



No comments: