Monday, June 12, 2023

Why I read Children's Books



This morning I read this article - Why Adults should read Children's Books.  Here are a couple of quotes:

But as more and more of us seem to be discovering, reading children’s literature as adults can elicit benefits for us, too. It is said to help boost creativity, reduce stress, promote escapism, unleash our imaginations and reconnect us to our own childhoods.

Delving into children’s books is a magical, transformative indulgence, whatever your age. And even though not all of them have happy endings, they are hopeful – which is something we all need in our serious, grown-up state.

Many of the senior primary novels I've talked about on this blog that I awarded five stars are sure to be enjoyed by adults.

The journalist Sadie Nicholas mentions this book:



I'd also recommend these:










No comments: