Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Thank You book by Mary Lyn Ray illustrated by Stephanie Graegin


Thank you is for buzz and bloom and grass 
(and toes) and all that makes us wonder.




When I saw the cover of this book I knew I would love it. This is a quiet book with gentle almost retro illustrations which go beyond the lyrical text. The Thank You book is perfect to share quietly pausing to notice the changing seasons and happy scenes of daily life.

Here are some ideas for using this book with a group of young children.

I am keen to read some other books my Mary Lyn Ray. Stephanie Graegin is the illustrator of the wonderful Heartwood Hotel series.





There is a companion volume to go with The Thank You book - The Friendship book




The perfect book to pair with The thank you book is The Quiet book.


I am keen to look for this book:


1 comment:

kinderbooks said...

I'll bring Thankful home from school.