Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Perspective using books told by your dog



I'm my own dog by David Ezra Stein - publisher (Walker books) blurb:

"Many dogs have human owners. Not this dog. He fetches his own slippers, curls up at his own feet, and gives himself a good scratch. But there is one spot, in the middle of his back, that he just can’t reach. So one day, he lets a human scratch it. And the poor little fella follows him home. What can the dog do but get a leash to lead the guy around with? Dog lovers of all ages will revel in the humorous role-reversal as this dog teaches his human all the skills he needs to be a faithful companion."

Kirkus review of I'm my own dog

No! by Marta Altes blurb:

"The little dog in this family works VERY HARD TO BE GOOD his family must love him very much! But there's one thing he doesn't understand."

The little dog thinks his name is NO because that is the way his family talk to him. Then he discovers the tag on his collar has the wrong name? Who is Spike?



BookBag review of No!

Recently a former colleague asked me for some suggests of picture books to show perspective. By coincidence I read these two books this week and they are perfect. I am a big fan of books about dogs which are told from the dog's point of view. Here are some novels which follow this theme:








No comments: