Tuesday, March 19, 2024

CBCA short lists are announced today!

 


I tried to read as many of the Notables as possible but because I no longer work in a school library I was not able to handle some of the Picture Book notables. Also, very sadly, the bookshop who used to generously give me advance reader copies of new Australian middle grade titles has now closed its doors. 

Here are some books I have talked about.

I have added a star to the title I hope will make one of the short lists and of course I have put too many stars - not just the six for each category:

Anchored (Early Childhood and Picture Book)  

The Concrete Garden (Early Childhood and Picture Book)

The Wheelbarrow Express (Early Childhood)

These little feet (Early Childhood)

Bowerbird Blues (Picture Book)

City of Light (Picture Book)

Ruby's Repair Cafe (Early Childhood)

Every night at Midnight (Picture Book)

Paper-flower Girl (Picture Book)

Plague (Picture Book)

Stay for Dinner (Picture Book)

Being Jimmy Baxter (Younger Readers)

Evie dreams big (Younger Readers)

Huda was here (Younger Readers) - blog post coming

Meet me at the moon tree (Younger Readers)

Scar Town (Younger Readers)

Sunshine on Vinegar Street (Younger Readers)

The Sideways orbit of Evie Hart (Younger Readers)

The Unlikely heroes club (Younger Readers) - blog post coming


Here are some books I am still keen to see or read more closely:

Satin (Picture Book)

Mizuto and the wind (Picture Book)

Dirran (Younger Readers)

Saving Charli (Younger Readers)

So that happened but maybe you already knew that (Younger Readers)


These are the books I have briefly seen from both picture book categories but have not blogged:

Can you teach a fish to climb a tree?

Gymnastica Fantastica

Run Pups Run

Dorrie

The Black Cockatoo with one feather blue

The Lucky Shack

Timeless

Your head's not the place to store problems.




No comments: