Monday, November 8, 2021

Picture Book Month Day 8


Take at look at my previous post where I list my first seven Picture Book Month titles.  I love the book I am sharing today because it is one of those deceptively simple stories which on reflection is an exploration of much deeper themes. Young children will enjoy this book and so will much older students. Here is a list of the labels I added to my post about The Suitcase: Curiosity, Honesty, Hope, Kindness, Picture Book, Possessions, Privacy, Refugees, Safety, Strangers, Suitcase, Treasure, Trust. I should also mention the author Chris Naylor-Ballesteros commented on my blog post - thrilling!




Further reading:

How Picture Books help kids develop Literacy Skills (and empathy)

Your kids aren't too old for Picture Books, and Neither are you


No comments: